May Monthly Meeting: Policy Recommendations for Prudent Financial and Economic Reforms in Mongolia
May 8, 2019
12:30 am - 2:30 am
AmCham Mongolia is pleased to invite you to attend our May Monthly Meeting!
AmCham Mongolia’s May 2019 Monthly Meeting will be organised in a format of a panel discussion with the IFIs and leading banking representatives to have insightful and frank discussions on existing challenges in the financial, banking, and economic situation of Mongolia and identify ways forward.
The goal of the panel discussion is to outline specific policy recommendations to the regulators to develop prudent financial and economic system in Mongolia.
Topics to be covered
A panel discussion will discuss the following issues but not limited to:
- Latest update on IMF’s Extended Fund Facility program – What are the existing challenges to expedite the program review? Timeline to complete? What are the outstanding required actions from the Mongolian authorities?
- Mongolia’s current financial and economic situation and outlook for 2019 and beyond – macroeconomic indicators, projections, and positions of IFIs and international bank – World Bank, IMF, ING, MBA – How do you foresee impact of the election factor in the economy?
- Banking sector – What is the situation of banking sector in context post-bankruptcy of Capital bank? Feedback on regulators’ policy priorities and actions to move forward with banking reforms in Mongolia.
- Policy recommendations for investment climate – Any policy recommendations of the IFIs for public and private sectors? Risks and threats to the economy? Economic policy stability?
Andrei Mikhnev, World Bank Country Representative
Neil Saker, IMF Country Representative
Rufat Alimardanov, IFC Country Representative
Discussion moderated by Erik Versavel, ING Country Representative
- Registration & Networking – Light breakfast and coffee
- Opening Remarks by Mr. Oybek Khalilov, Chairman of AmCham Mongolia
- Panel discussion with guest speakers
- Announcement and Adjournment
GUIDELINES FOR NON-MEMBERS
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. If you are unsure whether your organization is an AmCham member, please check our membership directory here.
- To confirm your attendance, Non-members should make the payment of 40,000 MNT entrance fee within 3 business days of online registration. AmCham will verify your registration via email upon receipt of payment – your spot is NOT GUARANTEED if a payment is not received.
- When you are making the payment, please include your NAME in the “Descriptions” field of your transfer.